Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Who likes Eggnog???

So, I'm married to the unofficial Eggnog King of the Universe. Since we're cutting costs this year, we haven't bought eggnog (or eggnog ice cream...), but I knew he couldn't make it through finals week with his head on straight without it.

Here's what we came up with, and it's expert approved.

Homemade Eggnog

6 eggs
3 cups milk
8 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground

In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric beater. Alternate adding milk & sugar,
Continue beating until mixture thickens slightly.
Add in the vanilla essence & ground nutmeg.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (at least 3 hours).

I actually whipped it up in a plastic pitcher using our handheld mixer with the wisk attachment.

Serves: 8 (or one Eggnog-loving husband)

1 comment:

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! Let me know if you ever wanna do a recipe on my blog and maybe we could exchange links! Clair