Thursday, December 4, 2008

A misunderstood dish.

So, growing up there were two foods my mom made that I love: meatloaf and fruit cake. It wasn't until I got older that I began to realize that most people crack jokes about these two and avoid them at all costs. CLEARLY they're not eating the same things I am!

I quickly converted my husband to this meatloaf recipe when we got married, and I still use it for a few reasons: 1) it cooks quickly 2) it's always a warm, homemade kind of meal 3) having evaporated milk open in the fridge means i make no-bake cookies!

So here it is, my mom's meatloaf:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
~1/3 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 pkg saltine crackers, crushed
1-2 lrg. eggs
salt and pepper as desired

Mash it all together (easiest to just get your hands dirty)
Bake at 350 until cooked through.

the best tip to this recipe is to make it in a greased cupcake pan. Makes individual servings, no cutting required, and cooks faster! Takes 20-30 minutes and makes 12.

No comments: